This event is now over
Project Management Institute
Pune Deccan-India Chapter
Making project management indispensable for business results. ®
Invitation for the 96th Monthly Seminar
PMI Pune Deccan-India Chapter is pleased to invite you for interesting and thought provoking seminars on:
Venue: Pune Shramik Patrakar Sangh, Cummins Auditorium, 193 Navi Peth, Ganjwe Chowk, Near Alka Talkies, Garware bridge & S. M. Joshi hall, Pune 411030
v Interactive Session on General Management – Myths vs. Realities – (Retd.) Vice President (Operations), Tata Power Limited
Speaker: Umesh S Bapat, (Retd.) Vice President (Operations), Tata Power Limited
Mr. U S Bapat is an Electrical Engineer from Government College of Engineering, Aurangabad with a Post graduate Diploma in Management (DMS) and Masters in Marketing Management from Jamanalal Bajaj Institute, Mumbai University. He is also a Fellow of Institution of Engineers, India. He has completed 38 years of meritorious service in TATA Power before retiring as Vice President Operations.
Mr. Bapat has held key positions within TATA Power i.e. Chief Hydro (In-charge of three hydro stations comprising of 447 MW), GM – T&D (In-charge of Transmission & Distribution System of TATA Power supplying the city of Mumbai), Sr. GM – LA Generation comprising of 1777 MW (Trombay Thermal – 1330 MW, Hydro – 447 MW and Wind – 78MW (OLA)) before retiring as Vice President-Operations (Eastern Region) comprising 547 MW Jojobera, 120 MW Haldia and 80 MW Belgaum DG Plant.
Some other key positions held by Mr. Bapat are: Director – Tata Power Trading Company Limited (TPTCL), Director – Industrial Energy Limited, Chairman – Energy Committee, Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, President of INSSAN (Indian National Suggestion Schemes Association), Past Hon. Secretary – The Institution of Engineers (India), Maharashtra State Chapter, Member – IEEMA Technical Committee, Past Vice President – TELEC Sports Club, representing TATA Power on Electrical Licensing Board of Government of Maharashtra and visiting faculty for several management institutes..
Topic: Interactive Session on General Management – Myths vs. Realities
With 38 years of vast management experience in mission critical responsibilities such as supplying power to entire city of Mumbai, Mr. Bapat has gained valuable General Management experience and has been part of the senior management of Tata Power.
We welcome you to a 2-hour interactive session titled “Interactive Session on General Management – Myths vs. Realities”, where Mr. Bapat would share his general management experience and also answer queries, guide our audience on what it takes to make it to the top slot.
1. Please share this information with other interested acquaintances / your friends, they need not have to be Pune Deccan Chapter member
2. Practicing PMPs can earn 1 to 2 PDUs by attending seminar
3. Non paid members may subscribe to On Target Newsletter by paying marginal amount of INR 100/- annually. All payments must be paid in advance. Checks payable to: "PMI Pune-Deccan India Chapter", Payable at: Pune, India. You may bring the check on seminar day and handover to Sangeeta Zaparde (Finance Director), Shyam Bhavsar (Marketing & Communications Director) OR Himanshu Warudkar (Programs Director). Please write your Name, email ID & Date of Subscription backside of the check.
To subscribe to PMI Pune-Deccan India Chapter yahoo group:
1. Visit http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/pmi-pune-chapter and click on - Join this group! button.
2. Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with following information: Name, Personal Email, Home Phone, Mobile No, Company Name, Work Email, Work Phone, Designation, PMI Member (paid $119)? Pune Chapter Member (paid $10)?
3. Chapter website: www.pmipunechapter. org
Contact Jaya/ Anuradha - email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
September 08, 2012
10:15 am to 12:45 pm
Shramik Patrakar Sangh, Cummins Auditorium,
193 Navi Peth, Ganjwe Chowk, Near Alka Talkies, Garware bridge & S. M. Joshi hall